With the falling temperatures, pests are looking for access into your home. One way of keeping pests from sharing your home is to be proactive.
- Firewood should be stored outside and away from the home.
- Ensure dryer vent dampers completely close and are not left open.
- Install weather-stripping around all exterior doors and window sashes.
- Pest control products should be applied around the perimeter of the home.
- Store things in plastic boxes instead of cardboard. Cardboard attracts pests.
- Find all potential entry points in addition to sealing gaps in the underside of your siding.
- Controlling pests that spiders feed on will discourage spiders from living in your residence.
- Plantings and mulch should not be allowed to touch the outside of your home’s structure.
- Prune all vegetation to ensure it is not in contact with your home at any point.