Fun Fact Friday – Lawn Pests that Destroy Your Lawn Part III
Fun Fact Friday – Mole Crickets
- Mole Crickets are omnivores.
- Mole Crickets have front claws for digging.
- Mole Crickets have been known to bite humans.
- Mole Crickets’ diet includes grubs, roots, other invertebrates and grass.
- Mole Crickets cause a lot of damage to lawns in two ways: tunneling and eating.
- Mole Crickets are tough to locate because they are under ground and feed at night.
- Some of the Mole Crickets biggest predators are birds, raccoons, wasps, and small mammals.
- Male Mole Crickets serenade, in an attempt to attract females, for about an hour after sunset. Female Mole Crickets typically fly soon after sunset in search of the serenading males.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!